Include romance in your busy schedule, even when you think it’s impossible.
When you’re a busy professional, it’s hard to find proper amounts of time for sleeping, let alone romance! However, no matter how busy you might be, romance is essential to your livelihood — and of course, the future of your relationship (or potential relationship). You can’t expect a plant to grow if you don’t water it, right? Apologies for the obvious metaphor, but you’d be surprised how often people forget to remember that a relationship simply cannot run on the same fumes forever. Just like in business, you have to strive forward, focus your attention and overcome setbacks to succeed. Here at 7 ways of keeping your relationship ascending with happiness, even when your calendar is jam-packed. Sometimes, yes… It’s the little things that matter. Bottom line: Always remember the romance in your busy schedule!
- DO SOMETHING ROMANTIC, JUST BECAUSE. It doesn’t have to be a holiday, anniversary or special occasion to spice things up with a surprise to your significant other. Bring home some flowers? Pick up your partner’s favorite dessert? Sneak a note into their bag in the morning when they aren’t looking? Romance can be easily achieved with subtle gestures of affection.
- PLAN DATE NIGHTS. When you’re busy, it’s all about planning. If you can plan out a year’s worth of business, then you better believe you are on the hook when it comes to planning a nice date night. Pick an evening and a place, stick with it and enjoy your time. Leave the office at your desk. Date nights are essential, be it a new relationship or old, so never go too long without that special time with your special someone.
- COMPLIMENTS. If your partner looks nice (and really think it) let them know! With that, you also have to take a breath and be in the presence of your partner — even when you’re on your way out the door. You know the situation where a girl gets a haircut and her husband doesn’t even notice? Don’t be that person. Pay attention.
- PILLOW TALK. Couples who go to sleep together are more likely to be happy than those who don’t. Why? Because that time, at night, when everything is finished and you’re zoning out for a good snooze, it’s the perfect time to catch up with your partner on how their day was and what their thoughts have been revolving around. It’s a quiet, reflecting time and keeps a nice line of communication open between couples.
- FIND A REGULAR HOBBY. TOGETHER. Get into something with partner, be it a project, a sport’s team or a TV show — find something you both enjoy that you can follow on a regular basis, together. If you’re into footie, and you both love a team, watch the games together. If you love drama, find an amazing TV show that you both simply cannot miss. It’s a short amount of time, but it’s all about bonding and keeping the friendship aspect of your relationship thriving is sure to add fire to the romance spectrum.
- KISSES AND HUGS. If you’re late to work or simply busting to finish some paperwork late at night, still, always take a moment for a goodbye or hello kiss. It takes five seconds, but it’s a gentle and amazing reminder of warmth.
- BREAKFAST. Successful people are notorious for rising early and eating a great breakfast. It’s a peaceful time of reflection. If you’re in a relationship, share this time of the day with your partner. Take a moment and break the morning’s bread together, discuss whatever is in the paper and then put your power face on and get to work.
If you liked 7 WAYS TO KEEP ROMANCE IN YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE check out A matchmaker is really a consultant for your dating life, here’s why or The essential habits of successful people you should follow to progress in business and love.
Known as Australia’s Millionaire Matchmaker, Trudy Gilbert has been featured on Channel 9’s Today Show, Mornings, The Morning Show, A Current Affair, Today Tonight, Sky News, Insight, 2GB, ABC FM and most recently appeared in the top rating The Real Housewives of Melbourne. She also speaks regularly at networking events and has recently published her tell all book on dating 49 Secrets of an Elite Matchmaker.