THE METHODS OF SELLING YOURSELF FROM BUSINESS TO DATING
Let’s be honest, when you’re hard at work with your next big business break, you have to work hard to sell yourself. You might have the winning idea, but if the people upstairs don’t believe in you, you’ll be hard-pressed to get very far. Lately, it seems as if we are opted to constantly sell ourselves, especially online… We sit down at our laptops, and then we create a business profile, listing all our achievements and knowledge — and then — we move onto our dating profile, and it all begins again. It actually seems like an endless cycle of selling, no? The worst part of such a method is that, we can be rejected without even meeting in person! Still, if you approach the situation properly, you’ll have the best chances at selling yourself — of course, always putting your best foot forward. Here are our top methods for selling yourself from business to dating:
- AUTHENTICITY. Don’t try to portray yourself as better than you are, you’re already great. If you haven’t worked with a client in years, don’t put them on the top of your resume. If you’ve gained 10 pounds in the last year, use the recent photograph.
- CONVERSATIONAL. Being good at convo, even good at writing clearly, will get you a long ways. Be yourself! Use colorful language when you can.
- BE HONEST. Talk about what you really truly want. Let the person interviewing you understand that the job, even if you’re under qualified, honestly fits your expectations. The same with dating.
- BE EXCITED ABOUT YOURSELF. If you’re not thrilled with your life, why should someone else be?
- BRAG ABOUT YOUR PERK You’re good at something?Bring it forward! Let people know the advantages of you over others. Selling yourself is no time to be humble. Be proud.
Known as Australia’s Millionaire Matchmaker, Trudy Gilbert has been featured on Channel 9’s Today Show, Mornings, The Morning Show, A Current Affair, Today Tonight, Sky News, Insight, 2GB, ABC FM and most recently appeared in the top rating The Real Housewives of Melbourne. She also speaks regularly at networking events and has recently published her tell all book on dating 49 Secrets of an Elite Matchmaker.